Friday, June 10, 2011

Winter warmers!

Here are some fantastic reads that should keep us all entertained while we snuggle up on our couches with hot choccies this winter!

In honour of the old Borders Bookclub, I couldn’t help but select
Caleb’s Crossing – by Geraldine Brooks. Those members of the ‘old’ bookclub all fell in love with Brooks when we read Year of Wonders. Let’s see if she still has that ‘magic’!

Next is a personal selection (already have this book on my list of ‘must reads’)
The Book of Rachael by Leslie Cannold

And well, I have actually read this next one and wrote a review on it for Allen and Unwin. Would love it if others read and discussed it with me, loads to talk about!
The Raising by Laura Kasischke

And lastly...why is everyone talking about this little gem?
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. It has been out for a while, a movie has been made, and it does sit on my shelf at home, but I have never actually read it. Probably should, just to see if the ‘fuss’ it warranted!

So select away, you have until Friday 24th June!

No comments:

Post a Comment